Staff Selection Commission – Connected Graduate Level Examination (SSC CGL) is a examination conducted by Staff Selection Commission (SSC) for the recruitment of personnel to various places in sections, ministers and business of the Government of India. It’s administered by the Staff Selection Commission for choosing staff for various Group B and Group C articles. The exam for SSC CGL is ran in online mode, which includes mostly four stages or Tiers specifically Tier I — Preliminary examination, Tier II- Mains Exam, Tier III- Descriptive Paper followed by Tier IV- Ability Test exam.
SSC CGL 2020 Highlights
|Exam Name||SSC CGL 2020 (Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level)|
|Commonly Known As||SSC CGL|
|Conducting Body||Staff Selection Commission|
|Examination Level||National Level Exam|
|Languages||English and Hindi|
|Mode of Application||Online|
SSC CGL Important Dates
|Online Registration/ Application Form Filling||May 5, 2020|
|Online Fee Payment||June 4, 2020|
|SSC CGL 2020 Prelims/ Tier-I Admit Card||June 2020|
|SSC CGL 2020 Prelims/ Tier-I Exam Date||June 4 to 19, 2020|
|Declaration of SSC CGL 2020 Prelims Result||August 2020|
|SSC CGL 2020 Mains/ Tier II Hall Ticket||August 2020|
|SSC CGL 2020 Mains/ Tier II Exam Date||September 2020|
|Announcement of SSC CGL 2020 Mains Result||October 2020|
|CGL Tier III- Skill Test Verification||December 2020|
|Nationality||Candidate must be a citizen of India.|
|Academic Qualification||Candidates should have a graduate degree on or before 01.08.2020. Candidates those are in the final year of graduation can also apply for SSC CGL along with their provisional degrees.Assistant Audit/Accounts Office- Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognized University ORDesirable Qualification: CA/CS/MBA/Cost &Management Accountant/ Masters in Commerce/Masters in Business StudiesJunior Statistical Officer- Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized Universitywith minimum 60% in Mathematics in Class 12thORBachelor’s Degree in any discipline with Statistics as one of the subjects in graduation.|
Ø Age Limit – The minimum age limit defined by SSC CGL is 27 years and the maximum age limit criteria is 32 years.
Post-Wise Age Limit
|CSS||20-30 years||Assistant Section Officer|
|Intelligent Bureau||Not exceeding 30 years||Assistant Section Officer|
|Directorate of Enforcement, Department of Revenue||Up to 30 years||Assistant Enforcement Officer|
|M/o of Statistics & Prog. Implementation||Up to 32 years||Junior Statistical Officer|
|NIA||Up to 30 years||Sub Inspector|
|CBI||20-30 years||Sub Inspector|
|Narcotics||18-25 years||Sub Inspector|
|CBEC||20-27 years||Tax Assistant|
|Other departments||18-27 years||All other posts|
The Tier I- Preliminary exam for SSC CGL will be run between June 4th to June 19th, 2020 while the mains tests will be run at September 2019. The online application form for all of the phases of SSC CGL 2020 begins from 5th May 2020.
SSC CGL 2020 Application form will soon be available in March 2020 and will likely to last until April 2020. Candidates may fill out the form online by going to the official site (distinct for different areas ) for SSC.
· Step 1: Registration- Nominees will need to finish the registration by inputting his/her email ID, contact number and password. A provisional registration that the amount will be created. Same will probably be sent to your email ID.
· Step 2: Filling Details and Upload Records – Nominees are required to fill out the comprehensive application form and upload the subsequent scanned photo and signature According to the measurements mentioned in the JPEG format.
· Measure 3: Fee Payment- Once successfully completing the application form, applicants must pay the program fee as Stated on the site throughout the online mode through Debit/Credit Cards, Internet Banking, IMPS or Mobile Wallets.
On conclusion of the measures, take the print out to future tastes together with the application form.
SSC CGL program fee 2020 to get unreserved male applicants is Rs. 100 while feminine and reserved category candidates are exempted from any commission.
|Subject||No. Of Questions||Max. Marks||Duration|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||50||60 minutes|
|General Awareness||25||50||(For VH &Candidates suffering from Cerebral Palsy: 80 minutes)|
|English Comprehension||25||50(One wrong answer will deduct 0.5 marks from all sections)|
Candidates who qualify the cut off score in the Prelims exam will go-ahead for the SSC CGL Mains/Tier II exam. There are four sections in this Tier with 100 questions which account for a total of 200 marks which are required to be answered in 2 hours.
|Paper||Subject||No. Of Questions||Max. Marks||Duration|
|1.||Quantitative Abilities||100||200||120 minutes|
|2.||English Language and Comprehension||200||200||120 minutes|
|4.||General Studies (Finance & Economics)||100||200||120 minutes|
The Admit card for different phases of this SSC CGL exam is going to be issued and released to the candidates on the official site. The Admit card to your Tier-I is going to be published tentatively in June 2020 whereas the Admit card to its Tier II will be published at August 2019. Candidates may easily download the hallway ticket online by going into the login credentials. The candidate should carry their acknowledge card in addition to a legal ID evidence to the exam centre without that the candidate will not be permitted to appear for the examination.
SSC CGL 2020 is a computer-based examination (CBT).Every year Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the Combined Graduate Degree (CGL) in four different degrees for various posts.
SSC CGL Prelims/ / Tier-I examination consists of objective type questions that comprise of 4 segments, with 100 queries which will need to tried in 1 hour. Each question will carry 2 marks that creates a total of 200 marks.
· Paper-1 and Paper-2 are compulsory for all articles.
· Paper-3 is only for the article of”Statistical Investigator Gr.
· Paper-4 is only for the article of”Assistant Audit Officer”
· there’ll be negative marking in SSC CGL 2020 Tier two examination.
· One incorrect answer to a query will deduct 0.5 marks in Paper-1,3,4 and 0.25 marks in Paper-2.
· Quantitative Aptitude – R.S. Aggarwal
· SSC Advanced Maths- K Kundan
· Elementary & Advance Mathematics- Kiran Prakashan
· Objective General English- RS Aggarwal
· English for General Competitions- KD Campus
· Objective General English by S P Bakshi- Arihant
· Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis- Norman Lewis